Saturday, December 21, 2013

Flashback Friday - Ravenwing



Hey everyone!

Welcome to Flashback Friday, where I revisit old armies I have painted from the past.  I have painted thousands of models and who knows how many huge armies on commission, and each one holds a special place in my heart.  A little sweat, a lot of love, and some collaboration with another person and who knows what you can create!  I enjoy looking back every once in a while at the photos and remembering the joys and struggles, the hard work and the pure enjoyment of making someone's vision a reality. But enough of that emotional stuff, let's get on with it! I miss you, baby!







Sorry this is a bit late! The army I am reminiscing over this time around is a full Ravenwing force.  A ton of bikes!  I have always loved this army because of how striking the full army pictures are with all those bikes.  Imagine these guys rolling into Sturgis!





The Master of Ravenwing - both in bike and speeder form.  The Dragon Forge Design bases really fit these models, and I am glad we went with them.



A Chaplain to keep the boys in line.




























The bikes themselves are fairly straightforward model- wise.  The Ravenwing models are great and don't really need any extras with some good vibrant paint.  The bases are the perfect size, and we approved of them highly over the skinnier stock base.











Lots of speeders to round out the force chart. Overall an incredibly fast army that also looks like it would kick ass and throw your Sister on the back.


Hope you enjoyed my walk down memory lane.  Keep up with my latest work on Facebook if you like!